This morning we have received an email from Vincent Miles, a manager with Claridon Group Ltd, with the following title “CLARIDON GROUP SAVE THE SPITFIRE PROJECT IN BURMA”. No need to say that this got our attention and put all the things we have planned for the day in the back burner. We called Vincent to get more information about this news.
As reported on Planes of Fame Air Museum’s website on December 7,2013 the museum, for its monthly Living History Event, will feature ‘Attack on Pearl Harbor’. The Japanese Imperial Navy Aichi D3A ‘Val’ (movie conversion) and the D4Y3 ‘Judy’ Suisei Yokosuka dive bombers will be featured and discussed. Dan King is the featured speaker, author of ‘The Last Zero Fighter’. Dan is a WWII Pacific war historian who reads, write and speak Japanese.His original research with WWII Japanese Army & Navy veterans has inspired him to travel to the far-flung battlefields of the Pacific to study firsthand the localities in which the battles occurred giving him a unique boots-on-the-ground perspective.
360 aircraft and missiles ,thousands of historical items and exhibits definitely need room. In fact the museum’s website today announced that The National Museum of the U.S. Air Force announced today that it is set to expand its legacy with a new 224,000 square foot building to be constructed by Turner Construction Co. of Washington, D.C. for the amount of $35.426 million, which is being privately financed by the Air Force Museum Foundation, Inc., a nonprofit organization chartered to assist in the development and expansion of the museum’s facilities.
- Veteran Grumman Albatross Senselessly Destroyed in Italy June 7, 2013
- Commemorative Air Force Seeking to Establish a New National Airbase May 15, 2013
- World’s Only Flying Mosquito Flew Today! May 7, 2013
- The Restoration to Flying Condition of XP-82 Twin Mustang Prototype 44-83887 June 16, 2013
- Short Brothers Flying Boats Make a Splash at New Zealand Museum May 3, 2013
- The Hunt For the Spitfires In Burma Continues December 4, 2013
- POF’s Living History Event: Attack On Pearl Harbor December 3, 2013
- The National Museum of the US Air Force To Add Another Building December 3, 2013
- Aluminum Overcast Soared Over Lambeau, Video Taken From The Bomb Bay December 2, 2013
- Happy Birthday To The Beechcraft T-34 Mentor December 2, 2013
- The Hunt For the Spitfires In Burma Continues: [...] coming up empty last year, Spitfire hunter D...
- TokoMarcocom: Camera with the, the reducing supply?Have arranged...
- George Ivey: The Raid was not a military success in target dama...
- Alex Boniface: I would also like to point out the panic caused po...
- Peter C Wilkins: Stephan Most interested in your comment on the Ja...